Thursday, May 3, 2007

Screen on the Green

Every summer I plan on checking out at least one of the Screen on the Green movies and every summer something keeps me away... one summer it rained every day, another summer I was recovering from surgery or out of town. But I am determined to see at least one movie this summer!

They just released the schedule for this year (thanks DCist for the heads-up) and the line-up looks great. There is just something idyllic about seeing old classics on the National Mall - it makes you ignore the fact that you are outside in DC in August sweating!

This year the line-up is much better than last year:

Monday, July 16: Annie Hall
Monday, July 23: The Thing From Another World
Monday, July 30: Wait Until Dark
Monday, August 6:: All the King's Men
Monday, August 13: Casablanca

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've been to Screen on the Green a few times and it's so much fun. A great after work activity. We brought a picnic but left the wine at home last year- though a lot of people bring booze and no one seems to care. Anyway, count me in!