Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Scheduling lunch at 3pm is bad.

I was number 14 in line at the Dupont South location for my free t-shirt. The major drawback was scheduling lunch for 3pm which meant eating a snack at 11am or I'd have gotten very cranky. Although we've been going to Moe's, the food court on F street between 13th and 14th, for their chicken with southwest ranch sauce, it's always nice to go back to an old friend once in a while.

Downtown is a very expensive place to eat and I try to limit what I spend on lunch as much as possible. It gets hard when the only place where the portions are reasonable, the food is edible and that costs less than $5 for the meal is Potbelly's. There are numerous other food options in the $5-$10 range but then I'm spending $30-$40 a week on lunch. I can catch the bus home for $1.25 round trip and eat something there for much less and in approximately the same amount of time.

I am always on the look out for something different and Heidi's, between 17th and 18th on H street, has become a new favorite. The dozen or so different types of bread are made daily and the portions are large. I've enjoyed the chicken Parmesan and I'm told that the mushroom soup and half sandwich combo is good and well worth the price.

No comments: