Friday, February 2, 2007

um, excuse me...?

while i have managed to resist the urge to post regarding work matters, the continually strange bathroom behavior of the women in the suite adjacent to ours forces me to compare notes with others. let me begin by noting that our bathroom is rather small, with 4 cramped stalls and only 1 toilet that properly flushes. imagine walking into this only to find a woman talking on her cell phone while going to the bathroom with the door open....that's right. is this not the strangest thing you've ever heard? its most surprising when you don't realize she's in there until you venture to the sink for some proper hand washing and see her half exposed, squatting body displayed in the mirror. this is not a one time thing -- my other coworker has been dealing with this for over a year. i wonder if i should be made aware of some phobia regarding a fear of locking your bathroom door. or perhaps its a cultural thing. i want to tell her there is a private, large handicap bathroom that she can use to chat in with ease and since its almost as big as the one with 4 stalls crammed in, she can probably feel much less "enclosed". seriously people, i can't make this kind of stuff up.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh god- that's so gross. I don't understand how people do that! At my old job, there was a woman who would just chill in the bathroom. I walked in once and she was actually doing her nails-- at work! I vote that you either tell her about the handicap bathroom or use the handicap one yourself!!