Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Corduroy = Just OK

So I've been hearing about Corduroy for months - many DC blogs have featured it and it seems to be a restaurant week favorite. I finally had an opportunity to go there for lunch and had great expectations for the meal......I'm sad to report, I was less than thrilled. Here's why:

1) Overall ambiance - Um, it's a hotel restaurant and nothing more. There was nothing interesting about the restaurant and the only real 'touch' was the corduroy covered menu. Of course decor isn't everything, but at those prices, it's something

2) Wait staff - SUB-PAR. I really can't stand in fancy restaurants when the staff tries to be formal and just ends up being bad. It was slow, unattentive, and our server really had no interest in us what so ever. Our entree plates weren't cleared for over 15 min after we were clearly done eating. That just gets gross.

3) Food - It was just ok too. Nothing inventive - as I'd heard about - and my soup was cold and too fishy. And the worst of the worst - I found a hair in my salad.....big yuck. By that point though I didn't feel like telling the server. She just wouldn't have been helpful.

With that review, I have to say I doubt I'll be back. Aside from the good company and the chance to eat out, I think I'd rather eat my ABP Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Ciabatta roll for $4.00! Now that I've crossed that one off my list I need to find a next restaurant to try....any recommendations????

No comments: