Thursday, February 8, 2007

Cabs and Metro


So DDOT is finally doing something right...maybe. They are making taxicab zone maps easier to read. Of course when I heard that DC has redrawn the metro maps, I assumed they actually redrew the zones to make them easier to figure out and understand... but no - they just turned the map so that north actually faced north. What a genius idea!
In other news... WMATA is finally taking note of all of us short people who ride the metro. It is about time. If I'm stuck with only the overhead bar to hang onto during the ride, i have to basically be on pointe. Hopefully not anymore!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

what i'd really love is if cabs would actually take me back to my house...i can't count the number of times the words "stadium armory" and "northeast" have resulted in the shaking of heads and the rolling up of windows in my face.